Sign in to follow this  
subflood

sprites without black color around them

Quote:
Original post by subflood
Say I have a planet that I made in a paint program such as gimp or photoshop. How can I make the bitmap only have the planet so that there is no black color around it.

Ok. 'I have a planet that I made in a paint program such as gimp or photoshop.'
Did I do it right?

Ok. Ill be serious. A quick search on google brought this page. In the second post, he says that anything hot pink (rgb(255,0,255)) is transparent when using the draw_sprite function. Ive never used allegro, but this makes sense to me.

Hope that helps =)

"Ok. Ill be serious. A quick search on google brought this page. In the second post, he says that anything hot pink (rgb(255,0,255)) is transparent when using the draw_sprite function. Ive never used allegro, but this makes sense to me.

Hope that helps =)"

Yes I tried that already but thats not what I want. What C-Junkie said about making the background transperent requiring an alpha channel is what I want.

The problem I'm having now is I'm not sure how to work with alpha channels in allegro. If I try to draw the PNG sprite the program just crashes.

Ok then... maybe this is more along the lines of what you want? If not, I would just recommend looking around that site a bit.

Oh well... I hope I got closer this time =/

Edit:
Maybe I should just leave and let someone that knows something about allegro help you, haha =)

[Edited by - Lord Hen on December 5, 2004 8:53:10 PM]

I fixed my problem, I was calling load_bmp() to open a PNG picture but what I needed to call was load_bitmap()

Now I have a new problem. If I call set_alpha_blender() and than draw_trans_sprite() all I get is a black rectangle.