Install Error

Started by
2 comments, last by mrhollow 19 years, 4 months ago
So I'm trying to install Slackware on an older computer, yet it crashes while formateing the swap disk, the error I get is (0)Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupr handler! In interrupt handler - not syncing Any ideas?
-----------------------------When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh.An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)
Advertisement
Anything printed before that? That's not actually the error, it's just a symptom. (although there may not even be an error before it...)
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual adress 00031d1c
-----------------------------When men speak of the future, the Gods laugh.An apology for the devil: it must be remembered that we have heard one side of the case. God has written all the books.Samuel Butler (1835 - 1902)
Quote:Original post by clrscr
So I'm trying to install Slackware on an older computer, yet it crashes while formateing the swap disk, the error I get is (0)Kernel panic: Aiee, killing interrupr handler!
In interrupt handler - not syncing

Any ideas?

Tell us about the older computer, what type of processor, how did you create the swap partition, how much ram, and what version of slackware you are installing.

If possible, please also post the output of: fdisk -l

Cheers,
Aaron

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement