• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  
vbuser1338

c++ learning

This topic is 4945 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Advertisement
Yeah C++ without Fear by Brian overland It includes a compiler and some sample source codes good to start off with but the compiler is hard to install but all files work with Dev C++.

Guest Anonymous Poster
I can recommend a very cheap, yet very useful book called "C++ in Easy Steps" by Mike McGrath. It can be had for $10 and is totally worth it. The source code from the book can be run off the Dev-C++, so that makes it perfect for beginners. There is one catch though. The only place you can buy it is from Barnes and Noble Booksellers. But those are everywhere, so it shouldn't be a problem. And if worse comes to worst, just get it offline. But i can totally vouch for the quality and price of this awesome book.

I recomend C++ Primer Plus becuz that is what i am reading right now. the only problem i see with it is that it is long! but i am on chapter 6 right now and the programmming exercises acsully make you think. i also recomend with this book is the download MIRC client and goto #gamedev becuz you will need help with those exercises and the guys there are cool with helping you through them.

i would like a book that doesn't take a chapter on variables. I know how to do vb pretty well not great but ok. I just want a book that doesn't expaling take a chapter to explain variables if you know what i mean. what would b the best book?

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement

Important Information

By using GameDev.net, you agree to our community Guidelines, Terms of Use, and Privacy Policy.

Participate in the game development conversation and more when you create an account on GameDev.net!

Sign me up!