c++ learning

Started by
10 comments, last by BcS 19 years, 4 months ago
Can some1 recomend some good beginner books to start learning c++? I would appreaciate it thnx
Advertisement
Yeah C++ without Fear by Brian overland It includes a compiler and some sample source codes good to start off with but the compiler is hard to install but all files work with Dev C++.
I can recommend a very cheap, yet very useful book called "C++ in Easy Steps" by Mike McGrath. It can be had for $10 and is totally worth it. The source code from the book can be run off the Dev-C++, so that makes it perfect for beginners. There is one catch though. The only place you can buy it is from Barnes and Noble Booksellers. But those are everywhere, so it shouldn't be a problem. And if worse comes to worst, just get it offline. But i can totally vouch for the quality and price of this awesome book.
Beginning C++ Game Programming - is perfect. An excellent beginner C++ book that teaches text-based games along the way. Also reviwed here on gamedev.

Once you get beyond the basics, I'd recommend Thinking in C++.
I recomend C++ Primer Plus becuz that is what i am reading right now. the only problem i see with it is that it is long! but i am on chapter 6 right now and the programmming exercises acsully make you think. i also recomend with this book is the download MIRC client and goto #gamedev becuz you will need help with those exercises and the guys there are cool with helping you through them.

-
+click here to veiw sig
+My Myspace
+[email=webmaster@hideoutgear.com]Email Me[/email]
I personally recommend Accelerated C++ by Koenig and Moo.
My favourite C++ book is

Robert Lafore - Object-Oriented Programming in C++

Starts from scratch, quite easy, good examples.
Difficulty level: beginner.
Thinking in C++ is a good book for u.Once you get beyond the basic ,u can learn about STL.
Object Oriented Programming in C++ by Robert Lafore is the best book I've read.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
i would like a book that doesn't take a chapter on variables. I know how to do vb pretty well not great but ok. I just want a book that doesn't expaling take a chapter to explain variables if you know what i mean. what would b the best book?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement