Sign in to follow this  
LabRat404

very weird world rotation

I've currently developed an engine that parses .MAP files, successfully creates polys out of the plane descriptions, partially maps textures, and I've successfully developed a method for collision detection. my problem is this: when I create a simple level and run it, the collision detection works the exact opposite as you'd expect. its like a mirror image of the world made up of invisible walls that you cant walk through. I've determined, to put it simply, these "invisible" walls are the same as the others, only spun 180 degrees on the z axis ( normally the y axis. Valve Hammer Editor uses the left hand coordinate system ). what could cause this? I've tried flipping some axis, like instead of rendering glVertex3f(x,y,z), I would try glVertex3f(y,x,z), but things just get confusin. I've also tried glRotatef(180,x,y,z), but thats no different from just moving my mouse to turn a direction...I think. any input on this would be greatly appreciated.

If it's anything like 3D studio MAX, you'll have to swap the Y axis with the Z axis and then invert the resulting z axis.

So:

X = X
Y = -Z
Z = Y

I think. It may be negative Y instead of negative X, I forget. But that should help you out at least.