[web] LogViewer

Started by
2 comments, last by rick_appleton 19 years, 4 months ago
I've created a client-side dynamic page that imports log files and displays them in tabs. Pleas also see here and the example page. However, as my journal details there are still a few bugs. And a friend of mine on a Mac says it's all borked up (but useable). So I'm looking for testers and some feedback as well. If possible I'd like to get this working everywhere.
Advertisement
shameless bump.

Noone has any comments? Or anything they'd like to see to make them use this?
It looks OK in Konqueror, but since the files are embedded as a txt in the inline frame, Konqueror asks to download the file. Only when you click 'Open' the log will appear in the frame.

What you could try is to read in the file, put < html >< body >< pre > tags in front of it, and close them at the end.

/edit:
Gah, the forum changed < pre > into ...
Thanks for the report Sijmen. It's odd though, since it works for me in Konqueror. You probably wouldn't know a way to insert the < html > < body > < pre > tags into the stream on opening the file? I'd rather not impose that as a requirement for the files that it's able to read. But I haven't been able to find a satisfactory way of embedding the files.

I've tried using the < object > tag, and now I'm using the < iframe > tag. Both work okay, but they don't allow me to write anything into them using &#106avascript (as far as I know).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement