Sign in to follow this  
armond

When did you start?

Hi , 19 years old. I have 3 years of experience in programming so far... I haven't really tried programming in OOP although I have basic knowlege when it comes to that. I would like to ask what age you started programming, your current age, your level of experiences and games developed so far. Age started: Current Age: Level of experience: beginner, intermediate, expert Others: Just tell something about yourself Thanks a lot

Real quick before I go to bed...

Age started
First took a look at java when I was 18. Wrote a GPA calculator (which I submitted to javaboutique.internet.com), but didn't really do any other programming until about 3 months ago.

Current Age

Level of experience
beginner

Others
Besides computers and games, I have a passion for chemistry (though, I don't know that much about it yet). I'm going for a CS degree and thinking about double majoring with a chemistry degree. I'd like to get a high paying job when I get out of college so I can fund my own game development company [smile]

ok... time for sleep.

Age Started: 10(I started C++ at this age, I started programming (in VB) at about 7 or 8)

Current Age: 13

Level of Experience: Above intermediate(In C++, more info on my experience here)

Other: Well, before I started much into programming, I was more into electronics and robotics. I'll probably go back into it, programming microcontrollers in C++. Currently working on a game engine and raytracer(for the game engine) with SDL and OpenGL.

interestinck... im in!

Age Started: 14 (started C++ from the start, began Delphi/DirectX at 15)
Current Age: 16 (only a few weeks off 17 :) )
Level of Exp.:
Beginner -----+----- Intermediate
------------------^-------------
(here is where i think im at with all!)
Others: i love playing video games (favs are FPS, RTS and RPG/Adventure) :) want to eventually have my own small company that makes commercial games for either PC or console...
profile signature has my 2 projects that ive pretty much finished :) (Puzzle Master and Iso World Editor)

ahh, that was a nice sharing experience :)
its good to tell people where you're at every now-and-then :)

later
the_moo

Age Started: 12 Started with VB

Current Age: 18 I can now program in VB C++ C# and Java

Level of Experience: Intermediate

Other: I love programming and am currently in college studying Computer Information Systems.

Guest Anonymous Poster
Quote:
Original post by Roboguy
Age Started: 10(I started C++ at this age, I started programming (in VB) at about 7 or 8)

Level of Experience: Above intermediate(In C++, more info on my experience here)

Other: Well, before I started much into programming, I was more into electronics and robotics. I'll probably go back into it, programming microcontrollers in C++. Currently working on a game engine and raytracer(for the game engine) with SDL and OpenGL.

impressive list on http://www.roboguy.net/resume.php which for sure shows that you can write... :) don't take this wrong but most 13 year old that I know of don't know a squat mathematics and so on... care to put up some of your work on the website as well?

best regards!
/ grumblings from someone twice the age (and some more) who for sure don't know anything of value...

Age started: 8 BASIC on the C64, lots of silly text adventures. 11 AMOS on the Amiga. Then when I was 15 I started programing in C on the PC using Mode 13h for the graphics. Finally got round to DX and openGL when I was about 19. Now working on PS2 and XBox.

Current Age: 25, god I feal old.
Experience: Intermediate.

Age started: Along time ago on the ZX Spectrum in BASIC, aaah ... the memories :)
Moved onto PC's - ASM, C, and C++ plus a few other languages and platforms,
the old Apollo workstations at Uni were fun!
Used GLIDE, OpenGL and many iterations of DirectX.
Currently working on PC, PS2 and Xbox.

Age now: indeterminate ;)
Level of experience: intermediate-expert

Age started: I learnt a little of pascal at school when I was 13/14, when I was 15 I started seriously learning c++

Current Age: 18 this month :)

Level of experience: Intermediate.

Others: I'm currently building a game engine with DirectX, this is my main project since summer 2003. I keep adding things, and I think it will never be finished :)

Hi you all !

Started : 8 (basic on thomson machines), pascal when I was 13, C when I was 15 and C++ when I was 16.
Skills : I feel comfortable with C++, but I forgot all those strange pascal signs (similar to := or something like that). But since C++ is a multi-paradigm language I continue to learn new things about it.

Regards,

Age Started: 22
Current Age: 27
Level of experience: Professional salaried developer half-way to finishing a masters degree, so I guess I'm an expert in some respects, but I'd lean more towards saying intermediate in most
Others: Bleh

Age started around 16 or so (not sure). started with QBASIC, then went over to C++ and VB.

Current Age 23

No game projects done so far but working on one since a year. had fiddeled around with parts of game programming in different languages before but nothing to last until the current project.

Experiences: many programming languages either used longer time or knowing at last the basics (like Scheme or Haskell). actively using c++ though. otherwise 7 years of programming experience by trying out different fields of applications in my spare time or at university.

About me: student of informatics. leader of epsylon project (just wanted to make a game with real dragons, as there is no usable one yet, that's why i started this one). i love dragons and programming.

Current Projects:
- DragonScript (OOP scripting language, GPL)
- Drag-en-gine (game engine, GPL)
- Project Epsylon (game based on engine, free licence not fixed yet)

Programming mainly for linux OS

Hi

Age Started: 10
Programmed:

PET Basic to Vic20 to Commodore 64 Basic and Assembler
Amiga Basic and Amiga Assembler
College programmed Cobol (YUK)
Then QBASIC and then Turbo C to BorlandC 4.5 with Assembly
C and C++ with DirectX and Allegro.

Wrote my first real program in C in 1996 called GCDRAW

Age Now! 38

Fud

Age started: Started with VB3 at 13, moved on to C/C++ at 15.

Current Age: 22

Level of experience: intermediate

Others: Half finished (okay, maybe more like a quarter) a Stars! clone using DirectDraw when I was 17, before deciding I wanted to make it 3D, and then never coming back to it. Instead, I ended up just playing with D3D on my Voodoo3 until I headed off to university and grabbed a GF2 (followed soon after by a GF3) and have been doing the good ol' work on an engine (read: glorified tech demo), think of a better design halfway through, work on a new engine, wash, rinse, repeat. Attempted to work on a team a couple of times before realizing I'd be better off just working on something myself :) Recently been trying to work my engine up to the point of doing a simple 3D game, concentrating on excellent code quality and simple/fun gameplay, rather than crappy code and lofty goals.

Age started: 14-15 (started with HTML, little bit of javascript, C, and recently C++)

Current age: 16

Level: HTML: intermediate; C++: beginner; javascript: Newbie; C: heh, riiiiiight

Other: I plan to go to UT and major in Computer Science and then hopefully get in with a game company that designs text-based RPG's...I am currently working on creating a MUD based on The Circle trilogy by Ted Dekker...
( http://www.geocities.com/thecircle2559 )

Age started: ~15
Current Age: 20
Level of experience: depends on what language youre talking about
Others: Well, when I was around 15 I learned how to do basic HTML (I didnt even know how to browse the web at that stage), one thing leads to another and I'm doing ASP, then PHP, then VB (Windows Forms), then VB.NET, then ASP.NET with VB.NET, then C# then C++. So I'm at different levels at a coupld of things.

Age started: 11
Level of experience: intermediate
Others:Finished one graphics engine in C++ and opengl and a few small games. Working on a ray tracer and learning lisp right now.