When did you start?

Started by
33 comments, last by fiskbil 19 years, 4 months ago
Age started: Started with VB3 at 13, moved on to C/C++ at 15.

Current Age: 22

Level of experience: intermediate

Others: Half finished (okay, maybe more like a quarter) a Stars! clone using DirectDraw when I was 17, before deciding I wanted to make it 3D, and then never coming back to it. Instead, I ended up just playing with D3D on my Voodoo3 until I headed off to university and grabbed a GF2 (followed soon after by a GF3) and have been doing the good ol' work on an engine (read: glorified tech demo), think of a better design halfway through, work on a new engine, wash, rinse, repeat. Attempted to work on a team a couple of times before realizing I'd be better off just working on something myself :) Recently been trying to work my engine up to the point of doing a simple 3D game, concentrating on excellent code quality and simple/fun gameplay, rather than crappy code and lofty goals.
Advertisement
Age started: 14-15 (started with HTML, little bit of &#106avascript, C, and recently C++)

Current age: 16

Level: HTML: intermediate; C++: beginner; &#106avascript: Newbie; C: heh, riiiiiight<br><br>Other: I plan to go to UT and major in Computer Science and then hopefully get in with a game company that designs text-based RPG's...I am currently working &#111;n creating a MUD based &#111;n The Circle trilogy by Ted Dekker...<br>( http://www.geocities.com/thecircle2559 )<br><br>
Vita sine Ieso est mors.Enter the Circle--http://www.thecirclemud.9k.com
... Yet again.

Quote:Original post by armond
Age started: 13
Current Age: 20
Level of Experience: Intermediate
Other: Currently at George Brown taking Computer Programming
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Age started: ~15
Current Age: 20
Level of experience: depends on what language youre talking about
Others: Well, when I was around 15 I learned how to do basic HTML (I didnt even know how to browse the web at that stage), one thing leads to another and I'm doing ASP, then PHP, then VB (Windows Forms), then VB.NET, then ASP.NET with VB.NET, then C# then C++. So I'm at different levels at a coupld of things.
__________Michael Dawson"IRC is just multiplayer notepad." - Reverend
Age started: 11
Current Age: 13
Level of experience: intermediate
Others:Finished one graphics engine in C++ and opengl and a few small games. Working on a ray tracer and learning lisp right now.
______________________________________________________________________________________With the flesh of a cow.
Age started: 9 (AMOS Basic, basic, Turbo Pascal)
Current Age: 25 (C, C++, Java, PHP)
Level of expeirence: expermediate
Others: Been a christian for 5 years, married for 4. Christ is the bees-kness!
Quote:Original post by Mr_Black
Age started: 8 BASIC on the C64, lots of silly text adventures. 11 AMOS on the Amiga. Then when I was 15 I started programing in C on the PC using Mode 13h for the graphics. Finally got round to DX and openGL when I was about 19. Now working on PS2 and XBox.

Current Age: 25, god I feal old.
Experience: Intermediate.

Wow, I could almost quote this one straight of. [smile]

Age started: 8 with BASIC on the C64, 11-12 AMOS on the Amiga (made a shoot-em-up! [smile]), moved to C on PC at around 14-15. Started Gaming Redemption with Charles Wardlaw around age 17 after writing MapED 16x16 for Allegro - we didn't get too far [smile]

Current age: 24 (now with a Bachelor of Science in Computer Engineering degree)

Published games: EJay Clubworld (SCEE/SCEA region) for the PS2 and Futurama - The Game for XBOX/PS2.
Unpublished games: EJay Clubworld (SCEI region) and The Kore Gang for the XBOX.

All of the above published/unpublished games done while working for Unique Development Studios (UDS) who filed for bankrupcy a while back.
Ok, it's late, but I felt the need to reply.

Started messing around with webpages when I was about 10. Then I dabbled in C++ and the console when I was about 13, but forgot about programming for a while.

When I was 16, I got into BASIC programming on the TI-89 and did some more webpage design and scripting. At 17, started C from scratch, working with the TI-89 and making small games. Moved to the computer about 6 months ago. I'm now 18.

Other: Good Night, Peace --------- Sorry, somehow all my spaces are getting eaten up
Age started:Started in april 2004 (this year when I'm 17) with c++.
Current Age:17
Level of experience: I would consider myself a noob in programming or maybe a beginner.
Others: I started with c++ and lerned the basics in about a month then I found somthing great: SDL! I began making small demos to try and learn. I'm training both c++ and SDL, an now I'm making my first real game check here.

//walle
Age started: 10.
Current Age: 13 ( But I will be 14 in a month :))
Level of experience: beginner-intermediate.
I wrote some small board games like gomoku and pente using SDL. I also know OpenGL ( Both using C++, I also know Visual Basic but I haven't used it for a long time ) Right now I am writing a 2D engine in OpenGL. I also did some 3D Engine with it but it sucked ;)
http://sourceforge.net/projects/pingux/ <-- you know you wanna see my 2D Engine which supports DirectX and OpenGL or insert your renderer here :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement