Sign in to follow this  
Mari_p

facial animation

Hi, I would like to export morph animation in x-files. Panda plugin seems not do that automatically. I think I need to add the keyframes in the x-file manually. But how could I export facial animation and body animation together? (I use CS to animate the body and export it as a skinned mesh). Please, could someone help me? Thanks in advance

I do not believe that the X-file format and it's accompanying D3DX interfaces can provide you with the amount of flexibility (or dependability) that you need. Since exporting simple keyframes is hard enough, I think you're going to have a lot of trouble composing animations as detailed as facial animation while blending it with skeletal animation (I'm not sure how D3DX even facilitates animation blending).

So, you have some options. You can create your own file format, which is a very in-depth and time consuming procedure. You could also use a 3rd party file format. Right now, I am developing DirectMesh v2.0. If you want, I can send you what I have done of the Function Specification, which really goes into detail on everything (feature, animation and rendering pipelines, file format, exporters, APIs, ect...). What you want to do will be very easy with DM2.

Hi Dustin, thanks!
Yes, I would like very much to receive what you have done of the DM2 Function Specification. Please, send to email: adriano_usp@god-damn-SPAM-yahoo.com

Would you know when your DM2 will be available?

Edited by Coder: Email spam protection engaged. Never leave your unobfuscated mail addresses in public [smile]

[Edited by - Coder on December 6, 2004 11:35:50 AM]