[.net] Strange Build error from DirectX DLL references

Started by
2 comments, last by hawflakes 19 years, 4 months ago
I'm working on a project at home and I was trying to get it set up on a different machine at school but can't get it to build/run. This project references two directx dlls, Microsoft.DirectX and Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput. The files are the right version, in the right location, and everything is installed and linked correctly, but I get build errors that say: Assembly 'FRB, Version=1.0.1799.34799, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX.DirectInput, Version=1.0.900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' c:\Documents and Settings\myname\Desktop\FRB 12-6\bin\Debug\FRB.dll Assembly 'FRB, Version=1.0.1799.34799, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' uses 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.2902.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' which has a higher version than referenced assembly 'Microsoft.DirectX, Version=1.0.900.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' c:\Documents and Settings\myname\Desktop\FRB 12-6\bin\Debug\FRB.dll I am using Visual Studio 8.0 beta. With .NET framework 2.0. I do not have Windows Service Pack 2 installed here at school, but I do at home. I'm guessing one of these things might be to blame?
Advertisement
Gee, how odd, we are having problems at my work right now with the exact same thing. Somehow there are two versions of our DLL that are making VS.NET fuss about reference versions.

What we did last time to fix that is to search for the DLL on the computer and overwrite in both locations with the updated one. (not saying to do this everywhere on your computer, just in the locations where the fussing is going on.) Also, you can try to turn off Copy Local for those references.

Hopefully, you'll get more answers in the .NET forum.

I fixed it !!!

I had to remove the old files and reinstall the latest SDK, but it works now.

Thanks for the help pTymN and Coder

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement