Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
boolean

Crazy mind trick

77 posts in this topic

If do the same thing with the number 6, and ask the name of a vegetable, most people say "carrot". Most others say "cucumber".

Quote:
Original post by Ainokea
Say calf calf calf calf calf calf then tell me what cows drink.
Calf, obviously.

Green hammer for me.

Not to make you feel guilty or anything, but I can't believe you're neglecting the GameDev Comic for this.

Red pen.

A pen is a tool, yes? a drawing tool?

I read off the screen, not aloud... I assume I was thinking in terms of letter count, which is supposed to be part of how the carrot thing works? :s

(For those who don't know: "spanner" == wrench.)

Another one:

How much is:

1 + 5?
3 + 3?
4 + 2?
5 + 1?

Repeat the number 6 in your head as fast as possible
for 15 seconds.

FAST!!! THINK OF A VEGETABLE!

Think, think...

You were thinking about a CARROT, weren't you!?!
Really weird, right!?!?!

-------------------------
Taken from Ebaum's World.

Quote:
Original post by I Like Bread
If do the same thing with the number 6, and ask the name of a vegetable, most people say "carrot". Most others say "cucumber".

Yeah someone did a similiar trick on me but with number 16. I think these "stupid tasks" are not to just to clear your mind. For this trick someone told me it has to do with our mind associating the numbers with words. 6 and 16 carat are standard measures of gold. Thus "most" people subconsiously associate the numbers 6 and 16 with the word "carat". And when suddenly asked a question supposedly CARAT is the first word that comes to mind, and it sounds like the vegetable CARROT, which is why the question is "Name A Vegatable". But don't quote me on this.

I think my mind is broken. I said blue wrench. Not odd at first glance, but I don't remember ever actually using the word 'wrench' in my life. I use spanner instead but I was trying to think fast and it is the first tool I thought of.

Quote:
Original post by ontheheap
Really weird, right!?!?!

No, it was a tomato

Quote:

turnip!!!

[sad]

ohh well.

the hammer worked [smile]
cheers for freaking me out.

Blue screwdriver as well.

Quote:

Orange. I think the color mind-trick screwed this one up for me because I recall answering carrot to this before.

Quote:
Original post by Binomine
I had Red MSVC++ 6.0

That actually made me lol.

Quote:
Original post by Ainokea
Say calf calf calf calf calf calf then tell me what cows drink.

*beats face*

Well, I only thought of milk for a fleeting moment...

you're supposed to say "silksilksilksilksilksilk WHAT DO COWS DRINK!!!!!?!?!!!". Trust me, it works better.

Quote:
Really weird, right!?!?!

Sorry. Brussel sprouts. I hate them with a passion.

Quote:
-------------------------
Taken from Ebaum's World.

So remember kids, for high-quality psychological profile testing, nothing beats ebaumsworld.com! ;)

Quote:
Original post by Drakkcon
you're supposed to say "silksilksilksilksilksilk WHAT DO COWS DRINK!!!!!?!?!!!". Trust me, it works better.

Thats what it was. I got forgot what it was and the only thing I could come up with was calf.

Quote:
Original post by snisarenko
Quote:
Original post by I Like Bread

Yeah someone did a similiar trick on me but with number 16. I think these "stupid tasks" are not to just to clear your mind. For this trick someone told me it has to do with our mind associating the numbers with words. 6 and 16 carat are standard measures of gold.

Except they aren't; 10, 14 and 18 are standard measures of gold fraction (24 carat = pure). However, the symbol you get with shift + 6 key is a "caret", for what that's worth. Also, "carrot" has six letters. But most likely, carrots just come to mind first for most people regardless, because they're a common/popular enough veggie. And I've never heard the version with number 16.

Quote:
Thus "most" people subconsiously associate the numbers 6 and 16 with the word "carat". And when suddenly asked a question supposedly CARAT is the first word that comes to mind, and it sounds like the vegetable CARROT, which is why the question is "Name A Vegatable". But don't quote me on this.

Anyway, I Like Bread's mention of the trick is not first in the thread. And for what it's worth, I get celery. (And why anyone comes up with cucumber is entirely beyond me.

Quote:
Original post by danbrown
I think my mind is broken. I said blue wrench.

OMGOMGOMG you're stealing my thoughts!

In other words, that's what I thought of, too.