Sign in to follow this  

SDL_Net?

This topic is 4744 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

sorry for this post, you probably have seen this post serveral times, but i would like to ask again. Does anyone have any very basics SDL_Net samples. all i want to know is a server, and a client, where there can me more then one client connected. pretty much something that resembles a chat room. client that can send, and all clients can see what is sent. thanks.

You may likely have trouble linking to the sdl library because you are only linking to sdl.lib and forgetting to link to sdlmain.lib as well.

Additionally another common problem if you're using VC++ is not changing the code generation to type "multithreaded dll" which can be set at the project properties.

Quote:
Original post by Thanhda
okay this is not what i'm looking for, its great and all, but i cant get it to compile, and looks too complicated. as in unessary.

there's nothing really unesesary or complicated about RakNet. any part of it that you do not wish to use you don't have to. also, it is much simpler to use the SDL_Net. in SDL_Net, you have to manage connections, write reliable UDP yourself, etc. RakNet takes care of all of this stuff for you. like i said, if you prefer to be low level and do all that stuff, then go right ahead. however if youd rather spend more time getting right to the game layer of the net code, then choosing a high level lib is a good choice.

This topic is 4744 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.