Sign in to follow this  

Odd MySQL bug...(probably needs SQL guru)

This topic is 4752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Okay, I've been working on an MMORPG for many months now. Recently we've upgraded from MySQL 3.x to 4.x in the server, which is written in C++. Since then we've had a problem with MySQL, the problem is that in the following function pFields[i] is incomplete for some strange reason. pFields->Name contains a bad pointer, as do many other members of the struct. As a matter of fact the struct is almost completely trashed...Even though the query is valid and mysql_num_fields returns a good return value. line that says: Fields.push_back( (string)pFields[i].name ); in: CRecordset CMySQLDatabase::Query(const string &SQL, bool bLog) { DEF_FUNC("Query"); CRecordset rs; MYSQL_RES *pResult; MYSQL_FIELD *pFields; MYSQL_ROW row; unsigned int myErr; unsigned long i, j, rowCount, fieldCount; vector<string> Fields; map<string, string> fieldEntry; if (bLog) TLOG(LOG_DEBUG, SQL); if ( mysql_real_query(&m_Conn, SQL.c_str(), (unsigned int)SQL.length()) == 0 ) { pResult = mysql_store_result(&m_Conn); if (pResult != NULL) { rowCount = (unsigned long)mysql_num_rows(pResult); fieldCount = (unsigned long)mysql_num_fields(pResult); if (fieldCount) { pFields = mysql_fetch_fields(pResult); if (pFields != NULL) { for (i = 0; i < fieldCount; i++) Fields.push_back( (string)pFields[i].name ); } } ...

This topic is 4752 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.