Sign in to follow this  

Covariance matrices , colour distribution models

This topic is 4747 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all. Firstly, apologies that this is not directly related to gaming however its about graphics in a way so thought I'd give it a go here. So basically: im currently being incredibly confused by covariance matrices.... ill describe the case in point; lets say you have a series of images, and you want to build a colour distribution model for each pixel through the image sequence. now a pixel has values of Hue, Saturation and Intensity, the details are unimportant, just a different way of expressing Red Green and Blue information. ive been told that the colour model for each pixel can be represented by a gaussian distribution and this gaussian can be described by a full covariance matrix. sadly i am rather confused as to what this means exactly. Is it a multivariate covariance matrix? Is the gaussian multivariate (tri variate because of H,S,V?) Any help much appreciated.

I don't have an answer, but such color space questions are semi on-topic. Especially with programmable shaders and HDR, etc. This type of discussion is becoming more and more commonplace in game development. So, long story short, the post is fine.

This topic is 4747 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.