Sign in to follow this  

Font System

This topic is 4751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Over the past few days ive been thinking of a new system to make my d3dxfont managment better. Ive come up with system, and I would like to get some feed back on it :) Description: there will currently be only two managers that will use the font system, the UI and the Console managers, they will both have a list of DisplayTextObject's. A DisplayTextObject holds the text position, the color, the string and a pointer to the D3DXFont object of choice. The UI and Console managers will add their DisplayTextObjects to a DisplayTextRenderer (DTRenderer) each frame, the DTRenderer will call the single instance of my D3DXSprite::Begin() then it will iterate through all the DTObjects and call the Draw function of the D3DXFont pointer which will hold the font type, then after it will call D3DXSprite::End(), and last it will clear the DTRenderer list. repeating this proccess each frame. Now I will also have a FontManager, which will hold D3DXFonts in a list, each time i want a diffrent style font, i will add it to the FontManager. what do you guys think so far?

well it seems there is no reason for a renderer, I got the idea from my scene graph, since i had to do sorting to the renderer. but in this case, there would be no reason to copy it.

I could just call the UI->Render() and Console->Render() in my sprite actual sprite renderer, and just batch everything together.

This topic is 4751 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.