I need help on research project

Started by
4 comments, last by The Bag 19 years, 4 months ago
I need help here... heres the scenario I am doing a research project for my 10th grade science research class I decided to make a reseach project on a Language (C++ and Python was what i was learning how to do in the past couple of weeks). My project was supposed to be based on the comparison on the developement of making 2D games between two languages. However, I have recently found out some rules on the research project. I can NOT do a research project that is like copying it from a book or off the web. For an example, a person would research on how to use c++, BUT since c++ exists and many people already wrote about it, it wouldn't be a valid project. Another example would be, if a person was researching on volcanos, they cant just write about how many volcanos there are, they have to get deeper into the subject and find out like how does the towns surrounding the volcano is affected. If u still dont understand the rule, heres another example: a person is researching on the quadratic formula, he cant just explain how to use the formula or how to get the formula, he has to find out new ways of solving quadratics or find out new theories. Ok so now my problem is what will my project be on. if u guys can tell me topics on a specific language (specifically c++ becuz i have been learning it) that hasnt been researched on, or topics that needs improvements or changes(preferbably based on game making). Also if anyone is willing to help me like as an online mentor, plz email me at Dragoon38900@hotmail.com i also have Aim sn dragoon38900 so plz contact me anytime. Thanks
Advertisement
Well no ones going to have done project or wrote a paper on your experiance with those languages.

Write a REALLY simple game (text based tic tak toe, snap or somthing) in C++
and study an easy to learn lang (so you can do it before you deadline) like Python or Java and do the same.

Then compare them on things like ease of use to the novice, flexability, which would produce the better product in your oppinion and which would offer the faster "to-market" time on software production.

If that will cut it?
But if you have to write a cutting edge, never documented before, paper on computer science for a 10th grade project you didnt even understand in the 1st place you're screwed =p
Gee thanks for the advice :D
even tho i was aware that im screwed... thats y im here to ask ppl to get me out of this screwedness (is that a word? lol)
Also... well if no one can help me out.... then some rules are meant to be broken right? ;) so ill just do that simple comparison thing between two languages (C++ and python). But what game...
All I can say is grow up. That's not really a flame right there, it's just that you're not too impressive with your bad use of the english language, and you come off as an immature arrogant little teenager that needs hand holding through his assignments. Learning to be more mature is much more important than this paper.

Anyway, if there were a topic that was not researched, why would someone tell you about it? Look, you will find something to write about, and would you feel better about yourself if you came up with it, or if someone held your hand all the way through, even without the icky ethical concerns about people here helping you.

Good luck anyway.
I don’t really understand your problem.

Your research project will need to be approved by your school.

What I’d suggest you do is take 3 ideas (there’s plenty to choose from, just browse these forums), put them into separate project proposals and have your teacher pick one for you. If none is suitable, combine two or all three in a manner based upon what you have been told was not suitable.

Your example of the quadratic really confuses me.

If you are researching it, then true, just ‘reporting’ it with examples isn’t doing much.

But you might ask what do complex roots signify geometrically? Does the formula extend easily to cubics? Does the formula work on a surface, where the equation has more than one variable? These questions lead to some interesting fields that would, I believe, satisfy most teachers.

StevieDon't follow me, I'm lost.
I hardly think a 10th grade science project has to be a piece of original research.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement