• Advertisement
Sign in to follow this  

Books on Particles...

This topic is 4819 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am looking of books that talk about particle systems for games either with OGL or DX. Can you suggest any good books? By the way do you know of any C based interface editor like Visual Studio?

Advertisement
Thank you for the links. Apart from ui and stuff I talked about I have a project for a particle system. NOW before I start doing anything let me ask you if the C approach is good. What do I mean, is it possible? I dont want to start a flame war or anything and yes I havent build a particle system before. But since I am a C user I ask if I can do it. Of course you can do it you might answer but hey asking questions is what this forum is all about right;).

Quote:

Can I implement a particle system in C

I don't see why not - although I'm a relative novice, from what I've read (and from what I've seen), there's not much you can't do in C that you can do in C++, although it might be a bit of work to re-create some things (and by this I mean that: although you might not be able to create the semantic structure of templates (for example) in C, you can still create code that will give you the same end-product). So yeah - I don't see why you can't take the principles from the links and incorporate them in C. So - possible? Yeah! Good? I would have thought this depends upon context of your whole program, and what you're comfortable with. It's entirely up to you what language you use - who am I to judge (and frankly I don't have the experience to tell you the pros and cons)!

Quote:

By the way do you know of any C based interface editor like Visual Studio?

Fraid not - but is there any reason you couldn't just use a C++ editor (like dev-c++) and just not use the C++ parts of the language? - after all, isn't C++ just an inclusive superset of C?

HTH,
Jim.

Thanks for the reply. When I say C interface editor I mean for an editor that you drag and drop boxes, buttons etc. bu the underlined code is in C not in a n object oriented language. I will search it though.

Sign in to follow this  

• Advertisement