Sign in to follow this  

Uni Project

This topic is 4750 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Im not sure if this is the correct place to post this, but im lost and in need of assistance. I need to manipulate a real time video feed that will be captured by a webcam. Does anyone know of a software application that can manipulate an image in real time, if not, what is the best software to go about writing this myself? Thanks, Daz

There are a few different C++ libraries that you might find useful (assuming you're using Windows). I don't know of any software applications that allow what you're asking for. The following two examples provide MULTIPLE demos of how to do practically whatever you'd like, especially the second.

The first is Microsoft DirectShow, which can gather streaming data from virtually any device. Remember since it's from Microsoft, it's Windows-only.

The second is Intel's Open Source Computer Vision Library, which also gathers streaming video from for instance a webcam. This one has the benefit of being compatible with many operating systems.

Yeah, go for DirectShow.
I used it for an app to convert the video image of a person against a bright-background to B&W then RLE compress it and send it to another computer to be displayed as a silhouette in realtime.

Quote:
Original post by C-Junkie
Manipulate how?

Emboss the whole screen? or add a little graphic in the corner?

Manipulate as in change the real time video from one form to another. I was told to make it look cartoon graphic like, but as long as it is clearly manipulated in some way (distorted to make it more pixelated for example) it'll work.

thanks for all the suggestions so far btw, much appreciated. Any others, appreciated.

Quote:
Original post by iMalc
Yeah, go for DirectShow.
I used it for an app to convert the video image of a person against a bright-background to B&W then RLE compress it and send it to another computer to be displayed as a silhouette in realtime.

could you tell me a bit more about this? The processes involved etc, thanks.

This topic is 4750 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.