[web] Need some cheap web hosting

Started by
8 comments, last by evolutional 19 years, 4 months ago
I'm looking for some cheap web-hosting. A little bandwidth and a few tens of megs for storage, as well as email forwarding. Any suggestions? I have found quite a lot using google, but I want some suggestions. Thanks.
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Advertisement
http://www.genericwebhost.com/

I use it ... found it on gamedev
check out bluehost.com
I love me and you love you.
For the hosting, I use 1Portfolio along with 1and1 for the domain.

There's also a Web Dev Forum on GameDev. Oh, and don't forget the 25MB webspace you get with GDNet+.

... Just found Analogy Hosting. Sounds really good.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Ok, thank you, I'll look at all those. I can't use GDNet+ as it isn't for me, it is for my mother and she need a something.something domain name.
"C lets you shoot yourself in the foot rather easily. C++ allows you to reuse the bullet!"
Proboards.com gives you a forum and sub-domain name.
Hostony. Rediculously affordable. You can get 5gigs of space, 100gigs bandwidth, infinite scripts, databases, etc.. for less than $10 per month if you signup for two years.
1and1 are the shiznit
TelNap
I havent used it myself, but the person that runs it is an Anandtech Forums member and his service is highly recomended by pretty much all of anandtech.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
RE: Analogy Hosting

I've contacted them repeatedly (posing as a potential customer) and they have not replied to any of my emails. I requested simple information about the type of support and SLA I'll be entering into and I've heard nothing. I'm very suspicious of them right now and wouldn't recommend anyone jumping into a contract with them blindly.

Please be extremely careful about recommending a host you've never dealt with personally

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement