Sign in to follow this  

New to Game Developement

This topic is 4749 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

My names David and I'm a sophmore in highschool, currently in a computer science class. Our teacher just assigned us to create a game similar to the old atari title "Pong" We are starting from scratch and if I could get any pointers or any help with problems I find along the way it would help. THX

Well just make a form, draw a paddle, draw a ball, make a paddle class for player one and two, anf for the ball. Store the x and y values for the ball saying it moves for example 5 pixels for x and y, then test to see if it hits any walls if it does for example if the ball hits the top then you just make y negative. Then develop some kind of collision detection with the paddles. Then if it hits the left or right then the score for the paddle would increment. For a computer you could just have it move where the y value is, but then it would be impossible to beat. Those are just some ideas, look on google for visual basic pong, maybe you can get a better idea there.

This topic is 4749 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.