Starting with Managed DirectX9 and need help

Started by
2 comments, last by TomKQT 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi all, I'm long-time user of Visual Basic.NET and I would like to learn using Managed DirectX9 under VB.NET. I downloaded and installed DX9 SDK from microsoft.com (file dx9sdk.exe, size over 200 MB). And of course I have Visual Studio (2002). What else do I need to have and install? From where is it best to get the necessary dll's (Microsoft.DirectX.dll etc.)? Those dll's aren't part of that SDK, it installs only files named Microsoft.DirectX.xml etc. (in folder C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Managed DirectX\v4.09.00.0900). (I don't need to learn how to make games in D3D, I just want to make it working! I cannot run even the SDK tutorials!) :-( Please help me if you can.
Advertisement
It seems like you might need the DirectX 9 End-User Runtimes. Other than those, the SDK should include everything you need for development:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=0A9B6820-BFBB-4799-9908-D418CDEAC197&displaylang=en
h20, member of WFG 0 A.D.
What version of the SDK Did you download... There used to be a problem with one of the older ones, where the Managed libraries did not install correctly. In the readme there is a section on installing them (I think it was the pre oct release).
Mykre - BlogVirtual Realm :- XNA News and Resources from Down Under** For those Interested in an Australian XNA User Group Contact me though my site.
Quote:Original post by Mykre
What version of the SDK Did you download... There used to be a problem with one of the older ones, where the Managed libraries did not install correctly. In the readme there is a section on installing them (I think it was the pre oct release).

How can I find a version of the SDK I have installed?

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement