Sign in to follow this  

Ragdoll Physics - transforming the model

This topic is 4749 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi, I'm creating a ragdoll physics engine, and have all the physics stuff sorted. I have a load of points (that the physics engine has given me) which correspond to the joints in the model I am using (Hlife .MDL). My problem is creating the matrices to transform the model's vertices to where I want them. To get the matrices, at the moment, I take the inverse matrix of each bone at the point when the ragdoll stuff kicks in, and store them. For each frame, then, I find a Vector from one point to the next, which corresponds to one bone. Using the same algorithm as gluLookAt(), I create a matrix from that (taking 0.0f,1.0f,0.0f as up), and multiply that my the inverse for that bone which i calced earlier. The results are okay, but slightly inconsistent, and very unstable, for example sometimes the hands stretch out of all proportions, and also the head detatches itself slightly from the neck (by a seriously noticeable amount). The hips also manage to rotate 180 degrees plus, although i think that can be fixed by adding loads more constraints to the physics model. Ive looked at a LOAD of tuts and forum posts but i cant really see how to fix this and/or what to use instead. Some professional help would really be useful! Thanks in advance and sry for the long post! Mankeyrabbit

This topic is 4749 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.