Sign in to follow this  

stand alone exes

This topic is 4744 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I am using visual studio to develop opengl programs, they run fine when i rum them from the visual studio but when i try to run them by going into the directory, nothing happens, there is just a black screen, any libraries not in path ? or what ? plz help ? Moreover what is the set of libraries and header files that i need for opengl programming in Linux. ? R these files available on a single site ? Thanx for the help.

Quote:
Original post by macher
I am using visual studio to develop opengl programs, they run fine when i rum them from the visual studio but when i try to run them by going into the directory, nothing happens, there is just a black screen, any libraries not in path ? or what ? plz help ?

Run your program from within a console window, and report errors here. Don't expect us to guess what the problem is with so little information.

Quote:
Moreover what is the set of libraries and header files that i need for opengl programming in Linux. ?

Depending on your distribution, those files are most likely already available on your system. The ATI & NVidia drivers should provide the libraries. Otherwise, grab Mesa3D. You'll probably also want to use SDL.

Quote:
R these files available on a single site ? Thanx for the help.

www.mesa3d.org
www.libsdl.org

yes i was using additional files and by relocating them, to the directory of the exe file, everything runs smoothly. By the way, there weren't any errors on the screen, so i cud not put them here. Thanx to all. Thanx a lot.

Quote:
Original post by macher
yes i was using additional files and by relocating them, to the directory of the exe file, everything runs smoothly. By the way, there weren't any errors on the screen, so i cud not put them here. Thanx to all. Thanx a lot.

Just to clarify, I think the problem is that VS uses the main path of your project as its working directory and not the directory where your executable resides (the debug/release dirs). This makes sense as you'd otherwise have to maintain two copies of your data.
The cleanest solution would be to create a "bin" directory and set this both as the output and as the working path in VS. That way, you could always run it from there, be it by startin the executable or from the IDE.

This topic is 4744 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.