Sign in to follow this  

[web] macromedia director tutorials

This topic is 4748 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

hi I am a big fan of macromedia director and I just wanted to know if there any tutorials out there about making games on it if there are I would appreciate it if you could post them

They are very scarce but let me warn you for tuts that tell you to use behaviours and such, because it becomes a big mess that way. Best is to have everything in single frames (except for timeline animations which come in handy at times) and use Lingo to control stuff. This is assuming you want to program and not use the standard 'drag-n-drop' method.

It is unfortunate that the documentation is so poor, because Director is a very powerful thing. I made a lot of games with it, and I would hand you out some code were it not those were written under such constraining deadlines that I think you benefit more from not looking at it :)

Good luck with Director!
(sorry I can't offer you more help than this, best advice is maybe to get a book on Lingo)

I agree - Director is estremly powerful. I just finished my first real project with director and I am very intrested in really learning the program's ins and outs.

If you (or anyone else) has some good on-line resources that you can point me to - that would be helpful! I do have the Director MX 2004 bible that I am starting to read through. . .

Roach

This topic is 4748 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.