Sign in to follow this  

How do I use JPEG image as textures?

This topic is 4748 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

there is a tut about that @gametutorials.com
lots of people using libjpg to use *.jpg files. search about it. i suggest you to use tga format, which is huge but has more quality. (if you save a *.jpg as tga quality it becomes very huge, too.)

Hi,

Well first of all you can use jpeg as the source for textures but in the end the graphics card converts them to bitmaps one way or the other to process them.

We are using SDL library for our project and we can use pretty much any image format supported by SDL.

Hope this helps

Dan

[Edited by - wizards on December 16, 2004 4:38:03 PM]

Quote:
Original post by PhoenixByte
The tutorials in nehe.gamedev.net shows that we can use image as textures. However I stumbled on a an error if I am trying to use jpg format image. How to get around this problem?

If you are using NeHe - might as well use his IPicture code as well. It handles a lot - here and you don't need to link any custom librarys either!

This topic is 4748 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.