Real-time volumetric, refractive jelly

Started by
14 comments, last by DMINATOR 19 years, 4 months ago
nice! :) you guys are good ... you're absolutely right about you needing the DirectX SDK for reference rasterizer purposes if you cant support PS 2.0 and floating point render targets in hardware ... again, very good call.

And also, it does look more like jelly than water doesn't it? ... my conscience has been eating on my and so I've finally come clean admitted it! ... ;)

Download my new JELLY SIMULATOR (seriously) - based on Smoothed Particle Jellydynamics, the only major difference in the sim is that now you can change the flavor of the jelly. :) hahaha you guys are great!

http://www.strangebunny.com/techdemo_sph.php

Advertisement
Quote:Original post by qprider
And also, it does look more like jelly than water doesn't it? ... my conscience has been eating on my and so I've finally come clean admitted it! ... ;)

Download my new JELLY SIMULATOR (seriously) - based on Smoothed Particle Jellydynamics, the only major difference in the sim is that now you can change the flavor of the jelly. :) hahaha you guys are great!

lol!
________________________________pro.gram.mer - an organism that turns caffeine into code
Hey, I've downloaded this demo, but when trying to open it, I get: "Could not find any compatible Direct3D devices. This sample will now exit.". I've got GeForce4 MX 64MB... I guess it won't run cause that old thing don't support pixel shaders 2.0 and downloading DirectX SDK won't help me either... am I right? :-/
Hey qprider
I also found a link to the demo on your website from a flipCode forum thread and it looks really good. The bouncing drops of water look very realistic.

For some REALLY impressive water simulation, try visiting Takashi Amada research website at http://chihara.aist-nara.ac.jp/people/2003/takasi-a/research/index.html. There is a movie captured from a demo he has made, simulating real water, and it looks stunning! Download and be amazed. Unfortunetly there isn't any source or demo up for download, so the movie and a few very short technical documents will have to do for now :/
--------------------------Visit my blog at AndersNissen.com
hehe I don't have vertex shader support, so it was running at 0.11 FPS :D

PS, does the .exe demo really need to come with a installer? :)
[ ThumbView: Adds thumbnail support for DDS, PCX, TGA and 16 other imagetypes for Windows XP Explorer. ] [ Chocolate peanuts: Brazilian recipe for home made chocolate covered peanuts. Pure coding pleasure. ]
This demo runs if DirectX SDK is installed , but with a very slow speed I had something about 0.8 FPS :)

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement