Independant Display

Started by
0 comments, last by jollyjeffers 19 years, 4 months ago
Hi, I've been going round in circles on MSDN so I thought I'd ask here. Has anybody had any experience in getting DirectX to talk to a display that is not attached to the desktop. I need to take full control of a second monitor without it being attached to the desktop. I understand that DirectDraw could use the results of EnumDisplayDevices with DirectDrawCreate but how do I stand with Direct3D now DirectDraw is depreciated? Cheers, Andy.
Advertisement
Do you mean having two monitors attached to the same system? ones that *could* well be used to stretch the desktop (even tho thats not what you want)?

If so, there are (or were) some multi-monitor docs in the SDK, and particularly the multi-monitor screensaver code.

I haven't done any multi-monitor stuff (except the use of the default monitor and the second as a debug spew) but I think the enumeration/selection concept is still the same as it was with DirectDraw.

hth
Jack

<hr align="left" width="25%" />
Jack Hoxley <small>[</small><small> Forum FAQ | Revised FAQ | MVP Profile | Developer Journal ]</small>

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement