Sign in to follow this  

Is there a WYSIWYG editor for designing GUIs in C++?

This topic is 4743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Something I've always wondered. I don't see the developers hand coding the entire interfaces for large applications (Adobe Photoshop for example), it just seems time consuming and problematic especially in the days of VB and Delphi. I'm just getting into C++ programming myself and I'd like to know if there's one I can get my hands on.

Microsoft Visual C++ offers such a feature. Check out resources if you want to learn more, although i would recommend to become more familiar with the language before trying to learn C++ GUI building.

Well, in the times of delphi... this is why borland released the c++ builder (recent version is 6 comparable to delphi 6) which uses the same delphi-VCL-components from delphi (and CLX!)
most of the 3rd party VCL-components are working with c++ builder 6 (like tms and devexpress) and it is a full functional rad c++ ide (like delphi ;) )

a borland press release saz they will join the new delphi-ide (i guess it will be called delphi 2006 !?) with the c++ builder since lotsa developers are crieing for a new release of c++ builder (since delphi is after 7 and 8 already at version 2005).

Quote:
Original post by MrEvil
QT Designer by TrolltechAlthough this constrains you to using the Qt toolkit, and I think it's biased towards Linux

I use QT professionally and I like it very much. It's biggest point is that it's cross platform. I would highly recommend checking it out, although not using designer is much more powerful [grin]

Qt is fantastic. It is easy to use, and doesn't constrain you to a platform. It doesn't use native widgets which some people don't like since they use skins and such, but that's a good thing for my purposes.

Borland C++ Builder was one of the first WYSIWYG editers. I had version 3 back in the day. Now there is version 6 or so avaliable. It may be a discontinued product now, but you may be able to still order it from Borland. It is similar to MFC design. You just drag over the components and add in your code based on events and such. It's really nice.

Glade does GTK (gtkmm, technically) interfaces with C++.

*hugs gtk* Best toolkit ever. Gtk, gtkmm, pygtk, gtk#. It's not jsut cross platform, it's cross language!

This topic is 4743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.