[web] What's your favorite cheap domain name registrar?

Started by
11 comments, last by ClarionMedia 19 years, 4 months ago
Quote:Original post by DrEvil
Why would their server speed have anything to do with it? I was under the impression that when you register a domain name, it gets registered and propogated across the internet to all the various DNS servers. (assuming we're just talking about domain names, not hosting)
Their server speed effects how long it takes me to do stuff with their control panel when I'm changing my DNS info or the like. When it takes 20 seconds for a single web page to load from their site (and sometimes a refresh because it times out), it can take a LONG time to get through the 10 control panel pages required to update 2-3 fields of info about my domain. For example, I changed hosting company not too long ago(which meant changing my DNS info to point to the new host) and it took me something like 15 minutes to change the DNS IPs on 3 domains because of the time it took to load each control panel pages and the number of pages I had to go through to get that done.
"Walk not the trodden path, for it has borne it's burden." -John, Flying Monk
Advertisement
I always use GoDaddy because they can anonymize your whois data the legal way for $10,-

<hr />
Sander Marechal<small>[Lone Wolves][Hearts for GNOME][E-mail][Forum FAQ]</small>

Quote:Original post by Sander
I always use GoDaddy because they can anonymize your whois data the legal way for $10,-

Namecheap.com is giving their WhoisGuard (anonymizer) for free now....its normally only $4.95 annualy though.
Matt Kimballmatt@clarionmedia.comClarion Media Grouphttp://www.clarionmedia.com

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement