does any one know where to find directx for windows 95?

Started by
4 comments, last by circlesoft 19 years, 4 months ago
I just bought an "antique" computer for 5 bucks and I was going to install a midi sequencer, however win95 sp1 doesn't come with directx does anyone know where I could find it?
Advertisement
The latest version can be found here, however I don't think it supports Windows 95 anymore.

Either, try to find some old software you may have laying around that bundles DirectX (like the demo discs from PC magazines), or try running Windows Update. Other than that it could have been 5 buck better spent :)
The last version of DirectX that supported Win95 was DirectX 8.0(not 8.1). I found this on Google mabye that will work. If it doesn't then do what Angex said an find a game with an old version of DX.
I found it
thanks anyway

ttp://www.macalester.edu/crash/software/pc/directx/Win95/
You can get the developer runtimes (debug and retail) from this link. The last version that was supported on Win95 was 8.0a. I don't think you can get that version of the SDK anymore, but the above link should get you the runtimes.
If you ever need it, you can download the DX 8.0 SDK from here, along with a bunch of older SDKs.
Dustin Franklin ( circlesoft :: KBase :: Mystic GD :: ApolloNL )

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement