Sign in to follow this  

Adding text into a string while using SDL

This topic is 4740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hey, I found a small delema in my venture to make an online game. Using Winsock for online play you have to manually enter in an IP address to connect. The problem I just ran into, all text runs straight to a text file called stout, how the heck could I not remember that? Anyways, is it possiable to create a text box that I could use to enter in the IP address? I sure as heck hope so. BTW, I havent even created a screen yet, I just created the network code.

Guest Anonymous Poster
not sure what you mean, but you can simply use the + operator on strings to add them togeather.

so it'd be something like this

//poll the keyboard for key presses

strIP += strThekeyJustPressed

///write it out.

Quote:
Original post by Thrust
Hey, I found a small delema in my venture to make an online game. Using Winsock for online play you have to manually enter in an IP address to connect. The problem I just ran into, all text runs straight to a text file called stout, how the heck could I not remember that? Anyways, is it possiable to create a text box that I could use to enter in the IP address? I sure as heck hope so. BTW, I havent even created a screen yet, I just created the network code.

Not very easily its not. You would have to make your own custom library or use some screen widget to make a text box in SDL to enter text into. Loading the data via a file would be a lot easier in SDL. I hope this helps.

[edit] Accompishing what your asking in your second post is easy, just not making the text box, as you said in your first post.[/edit]

This topic is 4740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.