Sign in to follow this  

A tile engine in wireframe

This topic is 4743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, my question is how would I go about creating just a wireframe rectangle. I have this rectangle class that has a vertexbuffer with two triangles and I render it with triangle strips., but when I go to line list, or line strip it has a line diagonal through the rectangle, probably because thats how it draws the triangles. So would I need to make a different class that has the vertices in different order. I need some advice before I screw up a perfectly good class. I guess I could make a different class. Well I'll keep trying, if anyone has any advice it would be appreciated thanks.

Are you ever planning to texture that sqaure or give it normals or do any thing with it apart from show it under no or ambeint light or as a linelist?
The fact you mention a tile engine sugests to me you want to put an image on it to reprisent your "tile".

if not then draw it with lines(PrimativeType.LineList), if you actualy want to(later) treat it like a complete square and apply textures to its face, etc rather than use it as just a wire frame square your going to have to draw it with trianlges like every other 3D object.... to the best of my knowledge that is.

This topic is 4743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.