Sign in to follow this  

Tetris tutorial please

This topic is 4740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

How about a description of what you need to do and then you implement it instead of reading a tutorial and copying what they do? I'd be happy to tell you how its done and then let you write your own stuff. It'd be a better learning experience than copying code IMHO.

Quote:
Im brand new to game programing.
lets see i just woke up and wanted to make games

If this is truly the case, then I think that paper-rock-scissors is a better start. Or guess the number.

Thats assuming that you are new to programing, and not just game programing.

Though I would advise you to make sure you have a good grasp of a language + API before you start, there is enough members of this community that can do that. So I thought I would be helpful and provide a couple of links you may find useful, should you decide you are ready:

Aaron's Game Programming Tutorials (includes some help for Pong + Tetris
Mark Wherett

If you have problems understanding anything contained in them, it would probably be a good idea to make sure you have a better understanding of basics.

A final note. You will find it a lot more beneficial if you thought about ways you could do it yourself, and attempted to plan/implement it yourself. You will most likely not find it very useful to follow these through step by step copying and pasting the code.

Good luck :)

This topic is 4740 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.