Sign in to follow this  

scaling with directx

This topic is 4746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I'm trying to use the Texture and Sprite Interface with directx9..and i'm noticing with scaling set to 1 My images are bigger than they appear in say...paint..almost twice as big, and its really throwing me off when i'm trying to figure out weather or not the mouse is hovering over the pictures or not..because i can't seem to find the width or height of them (because its not the same width or height as it is in paint)...I'm wondering how to correct this? Thanks a bunch (didn't know if this should be posted in directx or for beginners..since it's a bit of both)

Well this all depends on where the camera is positioned in relation to the object being viewed.

If your close to the object it appears bigger.

You can only compare scale to some arbitrary unit, in this case most likely another object.

ace

Isn't there like a default for where the camera should be? I've never set the camera once...I thought it would be default at like...'real size' (whatever that is)? Apparently i'm wrong

This topic is 4746 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.