Sign in to follow this  

a good VC like environment for Linux?

This topic is 4743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Quote:
Original post by andrewk3652
Visual Slickedit is very close (or can be, depending on the options you tell it).

SlickEdit is good. It runs on both Linux and Win32. However, if you are very proficient with Visual Studio, the small differences will probably piss you off (they pissed me off :) OTOH, the differences in UI moving from VC6 to VC7 really pissed me off also, so maybe I'm just being querulous.

I used Xemacs for a long time and it's great that you basically never have to use the mouse. It does take a little while to get good with, though, and nobody's going to hold your hand to teach you the most efficient way to do something. Also you get integrated debugger support.

As far as debuggers, I've heard really good things about DDD, although I've never used it myself.

Quote:
Original post by ajas95
As far as debuggers, I've heard really good things about DDD, although I've never used it myself.

The people who wrote/write DDD need to be whacked hard with the how-to-build-a-user-interface clue bat.

This topic is 4743 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.