my website upgraded

Started by
4 comments, last by tentoid 19 years, 4 months ago
hey all! some of you might've seen that i mentioned i was going to re-organise my website (it was in my last thread) so that it would have room for news and info on my rpg that im making at the moment. well i just wanted to let you all know that ive finished the changes and the site is ready if anyone wants to take a look. im happy with it and know it will be much better to show my rpg info now. if you take a look, feel free to reply with some criticism on design/look of the site. all feedback is appreciated :) thanks, the_moo
the_moo
Advertisement
Very simplistic, I like that. Loads very fast, I appreciate that also. What I found disturbing were those huge advertisements (but I guess there's nothing you could do about them) and the background/text color.
The text was really difficult to read sometimes, ok, not REALLY difficult, but there are places where the background gfx has very bright balls, and those mess up with the fluent reading (the contrast to the white text is not high enough).

Hope that helps a little bit!

edit: I have to add that I've never seen your old website
Indeterminatus--si tacuisses, philosophus mansisses--
hey thanks for the ideas Indeterminatus. i found that problem with the text in a few spots aswell - ill see if i can get another colour that works better.
as for the ads, i hate them aswell. i might see if there is any other place that doesnt have them...
about my old website...lets just say: 1 page, white and times new roman! not very exciting, this one's much better, trust me.

anyway, thanks again, the_moo
the_moo
Hey there, loads faster than our site, haha. Word of advice. Your page is constantly competeting for attention in different areas. Title, main area, then menu. I would suggest darkening up the background a bit in PS or PSP, then making your text on the main area something like #CCCCCC, so its a bit more readable. Just a bit of advice :)
Matt Kimballmatt@clarionmedia.comClarion Media Grouphttp://www.clarionmedia.com
hurrah! ive just set up my site with a different host so no more ads! unfortunately they are a little slower than my last but the site looks so much better without the banners, etc. and there isnt anything too big on my site anyway :)
thats all for the moment. enjoy, the_moo
the_moo
I agree with ClarionMedia that the background should be a bit darker. The text is a bit hard to read. How about doing a some sort of box with CSS with just one colour/darker background?
Ad: Ancamnia

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement