Christmas is going to suck

Started by
18 comments, last by Woodsman 19 years, 4 months ago
I was supposed to be $16,500 richer two months ago, but I'm not. This deal that's coming through just plain dragged along, and now the checks might not be rolling in until halfway through January. I have NO money. My bank account is in the shitter. Of course, I quit my day job in October, because I thought this thing was going to pay off. But no, why would things in my life go well? That would make too much sense. I'm going to feel like an asshole accepting presents and telling everyone that their gifts will have to wait a few weeks. But I guess the upside of this is that I can find out what everybody really wanted and didn't get... Meh.
____________Numbermind StudiosCurrently in hibernation.
Advertisement
Credit cards?
Quote:I'm going to feel like an asshole accepting presents and telling everyone that their gifts will have to wait a few weeks. But I guess the upside of this is that I can find out what everybody really wanted and didn't get...

That's ok, I don't mind if I get my Ferrari a few weeks late. I've already sent you over an AOL trial CD for christmas. Enjoy.
Quote:Original post by Nemesis2k2
AOL trial CD

Now that's a good Christmas gift idea. They actually make good frisbees.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Christmas is really commercial and, well, ridiculous. A good policy is to get gifts for people because it is fun, they are really special, and you just wanted to get them a gift, or do something for them. And that means anytime, not just Christmas.

The idea of swapping gifts with a bunch of people on a list because it's Christmas is kind of absurd. Pretty much consumes everyone's time, puts everyone into a rush, costs people money when they don't necessarily have it, creates expectations that should not exist...
You can always ignore it. I haven't got christmas presents in years. Instead, I get something I actually need, when I actually need it. When my MB blows up in July, I get a new one, and that's my present.
This Christmas season sucks for me, already.
Quote:Original post by I Like Bread
I was supposed to be $16,500 richer two months ago, but I'm not. This deal that's coming through just plain dragged along, and now the checks might not be rolling in until halfway through January. I have NO money.

Thats what replying to 419 emails will do to you...
www.aidanwalsh(.net)(.info)
Quote:Original post by doodle_sketch
Thats what replying to 419 emails will do to you...

Some day there will actually be a real member of the Nigerian royal family who happens to be generous, and nobody will believe him...
- [email=atronic@gamebox.net]Alex Broadwin[/email]- Adroit Creations- My Journal- The All-Knowing One
Quote:Original post by bishop_pass
Christmas is really commercial and, well, ridiculous. A good policy is to get gifts for people because it is fun, they are really special, and you just wanted to get them a gift, or do something for them. And that means anytime, not just Christmas.

The idea of swapping gifts with a bunch of people on a list because it's Christmas is kind of absurd. Pretty much consumes everyone's time, puts everyone into a rush, costs people money when they don't necessarily have it, creates expectations that should not exist...

Seconded

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement