You shalt never have another pointless death.

Started by
33 comments, last by Nazrix 23 years, 5 months ago
LOL Naz, I coaxed you right into the point that I was thinking of for the past few days . The player doesn''t have to kill anyone themself, they just injure them enough to knock them unconcious. This way you can take prisoners. This also allows the player to be taken prisoner. Actually, when writing up the storyline for my game, there is a part where if the player decides to stand and fight, they will eventually be overrun by guards (if they choose not to run) and in which case are taken prisoner.

Anyway... That is exactly the point that hadn''t been clearly stated. I thank you for your cooperation

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

Advertisement
*LoL* You sneaky dwarf in human form!

Yeah I guess it can work both ways for the player & NPCs...kind of like in Thief where it was often better to just knock the guards unconcious because they''d make less noise.

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be --Pink Floyd
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
Actually, come to mention it, the most developed character in my game at the moment is the theif (or a derivative of such). Mainly started because of a cool cloak that I thought of. Allows hiding in the shadows in an ISOMETRIC game.. I haven''t seen that yet

-Chris Bennett of Dwarfsoft - Site:"The Philosophers' Stone of Programming Alchemy" - IOL
The future of RPGs - Thanks to all the goblins over in our little Game Design Corner niche

oh really? You mean the player would actually have to find where the shadows are to hide in them?

"All you touch and all you see is all your life will ever be --Pink Floyd
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself.
Need help? Well, go FAQ yourself. "Just don't look at the hole." -- Unspoken_Magi
The theif character would be more suited to night time work. It has a few different ''spells'' that it can cast. The cloak just makes it less visible in dark places (hence night or shadows). It can also use a ''leap'' spell to help it onto the rooftops, and has a ''feather fall'' spell which works in conjunction with the first to reduce sound. Other than that, it has ''stealth'' and ''perseption''... Which I don''t think I need to go into. Anyway... I think this is getting OT...

Oh, yeah... Death... If it''s pointless it sux

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement