Ascii definitions

Started by
5 comments, last by Lord Realms 19 years, 4 months ago
I got a program written in hex. I converted it to ascii. Now I don't know what the ascii commands are that are used. Is there a list of all the commands and what they do. I got stuff that looks like this: ý ª and I don't have a clue to what they are or what they do. I also have a couple more of them. I would like a site that has them. I been on this project over a month and I have searched the net and came up with nothing. THanks for any help.
Advertisement
haha.. what?
[size=2]
The website converted the ascii. lets try this:

ordf
ucirc
Igrave

I need to know what happens when I type in Igrave and the rest of the commands.
It's not quite like that. When programs are compiled, they're written in a very compact and low-level machine language. In order to make reading the code an even-close-to-human feat, you'd need to disassemble it. The byte sequences you've posted have no meaning as function calls or any other entity; they're simply the machine code that the original source code of the program translated into when compiled.

-ZE

[twitter]warrenm[/twitter]

the best way is with some sort of decompiler, a program that translates machine code into programmer code.
Quote:Original post by Lord Realms
The website converted the ascii. lets try this:

ordf
ucirc
Igrave

I need to know what happens when I type in Igrave and the rest of the commands.

this is actually pretty funny, i think i will use this one some time, perhaps i could get this published in some comic.
I am glad my stupidity enlightens you.

Well thanks for that I think I have a better handle on how to go about this and get my answer. THanks.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement