Raw Model Data .3ds

Started by
1 comment, last by notacake 19 years, 3 months ago
I need to convert raw model data (vertices, indicies, UV map, etc) to the .3ds format or another format that is easily accessible by 3D programs like 3dsmax. Problem is I don't know anything about the .3ds format, and not much about 3D formats in general, so would someone be willing to give up some time to help me learn?
Advertisement
Try this site (Yes I know it's cached google)

http://216.239.63.104/search?q=cache:o3EWbw_rwzkJ:www.delphivini.hpg.ig.com.br/seg/3DS_d.rtf+3ds_d.rtf&hl=en

If that doesn't help search for the 3ds ftk it should help. For just a little information, you'll have to save all of your data in catagorized "chunks" with identifying shorts described in that file.. That file gives you the number codes and such.

Try reading a 3ds before writing one, then it's just reverse

EDIT: Grrr that link crashes my browser, and if that's the case with you too then Google for 3ds_d.rtf and view it as html. You can also e-mail me at shadowman131@comcast.net if you want me to just send you the 2 docs i have on 3ds files
Thanks I'll get reading, can you give me a bit of an explanation of how they work? I get confused with the whole verticies/indicies thing, I understand UVW though :D

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement