Sign in to follow this  

Quick Post - Viewing the Stack

This topic is 4732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

So I was at a book store the other day, and I say a book that made me grin - it was "Writing Secure Code" by Microsoft. I decided to take a look through it and it was pretty good. They made lots of refrences to not claming your code is not-exploitable, hackable, etc... because people will do it jsut to embarass you (as they learned). Anyways they had this awesome Chapter 3 on Buffer Overflows. I would just had bought that book for the chapter because it was so well written. From it I learned this little trcik to view the current Stack.
printf("%o\n%o\n%o\n%o\n%o\n%o\n%o\n%o\n%o\n%o\n");

I couldn't remember if they use %o or not - but this works for me. Basically the chapter goes over how to buffer exploit and such, very informative for those of you curious. I noticed a post a few days ago on buffer exploits so I decided to make this post to let people know. I think its pretty cool. I never knew how to view the stack other than with debugging tools so this could be quite handy for someone. Thanks for reading this [smile]. - Drew

This topic is 4732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.