Sign in to follow this  

3d engine in basic

This topic is 4732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi, I have programmed before (mostly in basic, some c++), and I was wondering how I would beging making my own 3d engine. I formerly used BlitzBasic, but due to difficulties with file formats and animation, I decided to write my own engine. I have the most experience with Basic, so can someone point me to a good starting resource.

All serious attempts to code any kind of working game in Visual Basic usually end up with the hapless programmer's head exploding, whereupon they die a horrible (albeit instantaneous) death. True story. It happened to my uncle Marty.

Visual Basic .NET is compatible with all the other .NET languages and libraries. Tht means that you can use any library written in C#, or Managed C++, if you want. You can also use Managed DirectX, which includes wrappers for the D3DX library, which loads and animates .X format meshes and animations, among other things.

This topic is 4732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.