Sign in to follow this  

About the number of the texture coordinate

This topic is 4732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hi all, The information of each vertex include : five numbers( Each number is linear interpolation between vertexes), five cubic texture coordinate. i have to use 10 texture coordinates. But the maximum number of the texture coordinate is 8. How can i do? I have saved three numbers of each vertex in one float3 texture coorinate. But i found maybe the interpolation of each item (x or y or z) of float3 texture cooridnate is not linear between two float3 texture coorinate. So i can not get the correct numbers for all pixels. Who can help me? Give me some suggestion! Thanks in advance!

I'd put the 5 3D coords in tex0 through tex4.

I'd put 4 of the 5 1D values packed into diffuse, assuming it has the precision and range needed.

I'd put the remaining 1D value into tex5.

Whether this works for your app depends on what the numbers are for, it's needed precision, their needed ranges, which shader version you're using, etc. Depending on your needs, what I'd listed should work fine for ps.1.1 (and, I'd assume, it should be fine for higher versions too).

This topic is 4732 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.