OpenGL for Laptop

Started by
7 comments, last by mldaalder 19 years, 3 months ago
Hi,, ive searched 2 days for a OpenGL installer for windows XP,,, my graphic card is NeoMagic MagicMedia256AV,,, ive downloaded a bunch of different OpenGL installers like OpenGL.exe but all are different,,, but the glsetup.exe wotks but only for windows 95 or 98,,, can someone direct me to another topic or to a different website or just a weblink to a download, ThAnKs!!!!
Advertisement
The simplest way to install your own drivers is download them from your manufacturer site...
Quote:Original post by blizzard999
The simplest way to install your own drivers is download them from your manufacturer site...

But that doesnt work because the manufacturer doesnt have a drivers download,, theres only one download on the web (that i have found in 2 days) that doesnt suport OpenGL
If your manufacturer/video card does not support OpenGL probably there is no installer that can resolve your problem :(
Quote:Original post by Klas-G
But that doesnt work because the manufacturer doesnt have a drivers download,, theres only one download on the web (that i have found in 2 days) that doesnt suport OpenGL

Which is no surprise, since the MagicMedia 256 AV is a 6 year old 4MB graphics chipset without anything even remotely similar to 3D acceleration...

If you really want to run OpenGL on such an obsolete system, then you have to use a software implementation, such as Mesa.
i had same problem.. i have aspire 1605 with ati radeon 9000 mobility..

yha can download openGL as sourcecode and recompile it on your system... after that(if not allready done) replace the files in the correct folders... and setup your compiler for your openGL prog...

if that aint work there are million other ways to make it work
Quote:Original post by bakel
yha can download openGL as sourcecode and recompile it on your system...

*sigh*

You cannot recompile OpenGL, because OpenGL is just a specification. You have to install a graphics card driver exporting the appropriate calls. If such a driver is not available from your notebook or chipset manufacturer, then you won't get hardware accelerated OpenGL.

No, there is no way to make it work on his obsolete system, except using a (slow) software only solution such as Mesa.

No, there is no way to make it work on his obsolete system, except using a (slow) software only solution such as Mesa.

Can someone help me with the Mesa installation i cant understand it,,, i have extracted it but i dont know how to open Mesa.dsw as they say i should and then make a file???!!! Am i suposed to make my own opengl dlll files???
Quote:Original post by Anonymous Poster

Can someone help me with the Mesa installation i cant understand it,,, i have extracted it but i dont know how to open Mesa.dsw as they say i should and then make a file???!!! Am i suposed to make my own opengl dlll files???

Not.

Open in OpenGL doesn't stand for Open Source, but for Open Design. As said in the thread.

And you will need VC++ to compile it using the dsw (a workspace).

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement