Canada allocates $40M for disaster relief

Started by
118 comments, last by Doc 19 years, 3 months ago
Lessbread,

I just want to point out that I said:

"How much are two carrier groups and the helicopters they provide worth? 100 Billion Dollars ?"

And they are actually worth more then 100 Billion Dollars. The cost to the US might be much less, but the service they provide is invaluable. When you look at pictures and video from the areas hit, the helicopters you see providing food, aid, and rescuing people are US helicopters. Other countries can pledge all the money they want, but they are not over there actually giving out the food and plucking people from hill tops. The majority of areas hit are not friendly to the US and are not supportive of the US, but instead of telling them to f*** off, the US is out there helping them out.

On another note... Michael Shumacher pledged $10m dollars personally, which is pretty f***ing amazing.
Advertisement
Quote:Original post by nitzan
Lessbread,

"How much are two carrier groups and the helicopters they provide worth? 100 Billion Dollars ?"

And they are actually worth more then 100 Billion Dollars. The cost to the US might be much less, but the service they provide is invaluable. When you look at pictures and video from the areas hit, the helicopters you see providing food, aid, and rescuing people are US helicopters. Other countries can pledge all the money they want, but they are not over there actually giving out the food and plucking people from hill tops. The majority of areas hit are not friendly to the US and are not supportive of the US, but instead of telling them to f*** off, the US is out there helping them out.

On another note... Michael Shumacher pledged $10m dollars personally, which is pretty f***ing amazing.

i respect the us contributions, but maybe the above highlights can partly be explained by US television, and partly by being bullshit.
I'm sure glad I dont live over there [period]
Quote:Original post by Eelco
Lessbread,

i respect the us contributions, but maybe the above highlights can partly be explained by US television, and partly by being bullshit.

link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4
link 5

etc...

doesn't look like bullshit to me.

Nitzan
Quote:Original post by Eelco
Lessbread,

link 1
link 2
link 3
link 4
link 5

etc...

doesn't look like bullshit to me.

Nitzan

read your own claims again. i dont see how any of these links prove the US is the only nation to employ manpower and material.
Seems that after Australia and Japan, Germany now went up to 674 million dollars. Click.

Pissing contest... But well, if it helps the people over there, the motivations become secondary.
Umm, isn't this a bit of a lame argument? Who gives a toss what exact sum each of our countries has donated, surely the only thing of importance should be if we ourselves have got off our arses and tried to help these people somehow?

Shame on ye.
--------------------------------------------Rockpool GamesMani Golf
It's like a penis contest among the world.
Rob Loach [Website] [Projects] [Contact]
Oh my god.

Australia gave $746,000,000 US. It's a nation of about 20 million people.

Ouch.
“[The clergy] believe that any portion of power confided to me, will be exerted in opposition to their schemes. And they believe rightly: for I have sworn upon the altar of God, eternal hostility against every form of tyranny over the mind of man” - Thomas Jefferson
I heard on three different radio stations that Australia has now donated 1 billion.
the future is just like the past, just later. - TANSTAAFL

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement