Sign in to follow this  

matching a curve

This topic is 4736 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

Hello there, Remember Black & White? Nice game, isn't it? When you wanted to do a spell, you had to form a curve with your mouse. That curve was then matched with a set of possible curves like a spiral, a square, etc. A cool system and so I tried to reuse it. Instead of starting to code and work out an algorithm for myself, I tried to find some info on the net. Well, here's the problem. I can't seem to grab the exact subject... Newbie problem, I know. But I came across an algorithm that uses a tangent space conversion and that one looks promising. I'll continue to dig a little deeper into that one, but I'd like to throw my question into this group too. Does any of you have a reference to a simple and fast rather then an exact algorithm to compare two curves? Thanks.

This topic is 4736 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.