purchasing a new compiler...

Started by
13 comments, last by ProPuke 19 years, 3 months ago
Well when working with ms compilers you usually use .lib library files. The gcc compiler usually uses .a library files. Usually preceeded by the word "lib", like: libopengl32.a
It can use .lib's as long as they are in the same format (forget name). For some weird reason there seems to be several formats of .lib
If they're in the same standard format as .a then they will work (for instance I think I've used sdl_image.lib with gcc as that was the only format they provided)
I'm afraid I don't know if the dx libraries will be gcc compatible, so that could be an issue

btw, to link to the libopengl32.a library within mingwds:
Project > Settings... > Link > Libraries > "opengl32"
You can miss off of the lib*.a bit & libraries should be seperated by just a comma(no spaces)
_______________________________ ________ _____ ___ __ _`By offloading cognitive load to the computer, programmers are able to design more elegant systems' - Unununium OS regarding Python
Advertisement
MinGW comes with a tool to convert .lib's to .a's
I think its "reimp", not sure.
hey, quick question... typically, how large is the sp2 install?
Quote:Original post by Jinx3d1
hey, quick question... typically, how large is the sp2 install?

The IT professional version for use over networks is 266 megabytes, so the single-user install is probably around that. I'd guess 200 megabytes or so.
- k2"Choose a job you love, and you'll never have to work a day in your life." — Confucius"Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will get you everywhere." — Albert Einstein"Money is the most egalitarian force in society. It confers power on whoever holds it." — Roger Starr{General Programming Forum FAQ} | {Blog/Journal} | {[email=kkaitan at gmail dot com]e-mail me[/email]} | {excellent webhosting}
Quote:Original post by issch
MinGW comes with a tool to convert .lib's to .a's
I think its "reimp", not sure.

^^ nice thanks ;]
_______________________________ ________ _____ ___ __ _`By offloading cognitive load to the computer, programmers are able to design more elegant systems' - Unununium OS regarding Python

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement