Sign in to follow this  

World transformation matrix woes

This topic is 4731 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.

I had the idea of using a batch blt system for images that will be drawn in large numbers, IE a particle system. I would set the vertex buffer to the top of the screen, in the "rect" of { 0, 0, IMAGE_WIDTH, IMAGE_HEIGHT } to initialize for batch blting. Then, I would use the transformation matrix to transform this vertex buffer to the location I want it to be in, drawPrimitive, and then move it back to the zero position {0, 0, width, height}. My problem is the particles do not move like they did when I just changed the vertex buffer 100 times to the right coordinates. As well, the level tiles (of the level system I hacked together) are jittering. It might be that I'm only using *one* vertex buffer (with 4 available spaces for verticies (using triangle fan)) for the batch blting (using the method above) and normal blting (locking the vertex buffer, dropping in the coords, unlocking and displaying), in which the particles use the batch blt and the level uses the normal blt. The particle engine I am testing this batch blt method out does work - when I change it back to the normal blt method, I get the desired results and the level does not jitter. Sending out an SOS here. I'm lost.

This topic is 4731 days old which is more than the 365 day threshold we allow for new replies. Please post a new topic.

If you intended to correct an error in the post then please contact us.