List of free libraries

Started by
195 comments, last by dcco 12 years, 10 months ago
Pixel Toaster

http://www.pixeltoaster.com

Open source c++ library for realtime software rendering.

It gives you a truecolor or floating point framebuffer at your choice, then converts the pixels to the display on the fly. Keyboard and mouse input, and a high resolution timer are also provided.

Currently supports only Windows (DirectX9), but ports to MacOS X and Unix (XWindows etc) are underway.

cheers
Advertisement
me again [grin]

OK, got a relase up and running now for the OpenGL Window Framework, complete with licence on site, source and lib releases for win32 and the source code for 4 example programs.
CPPUnit - a unit testing framework (LGPL)
John BoltonLocomotive Games (THQ)Current Project: Destroy All Humans (Wii). IN STORES NOW!
Great list, but I didn't see PTK on the list. PTK is a great Mac/Windows 2d library running on top of OpenGL (so it's fast). It's free for freeware but it does have a PTK Watermark in the corner. I'm using it for my next game ( coming in a few weeks ).
I have been wanting to create a web page dedicated to free game related libraries and tools for some time, I bought the space and its just sitting there empty. Unfortunately I cannot dedicate much time to creating and updating the site :( If anyone would be interested in a joint collaboration for this, let me know. My URL is www.dark-alley.com.
Don't be afraid to be yourself. Nobody else ever will be.
Thanks for the list Kylotan and everyone else who's contributed. I've looked through it and plan on exploring it more later. (I hope this is a sticky for a while.)
Quote:Original post by JohnBSmall
math3d++ provides the normal matrix, vector and quaternion classes, and their associated operations.

BMF_Font bitmap font library (and font texture generator)

Here's a small update:

Trenki's site (math3d++, BMF_Font) has moved.
The new url is http://trenki.al.msshost.com

Accordingly his libraries can be found at:
math3d++
BMF_Font
What about Cg and CgFX?
SlimDX | Ventspace Blog | Twitter | Diverse teams make better games. I am currently hiring capable C++ engine developers in Baltimore, MD.
Quote:Original post by Promit
What about Cg and CgFX?

I believe you just invented these names ;)

Compression section:
lzo's realtime compression library (GPL)

Image loading section:
ijg (aka libjpeg) (open source)
libtiff (open source)

Regards,
YAKE Game/VR engine, LGPL + custom licenses

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement