List of free libraries

Started by
195 comments, last by dcco 12 years, 10 months ago
This is my own library I use along side OpenGL and Direct3D.
Kind of like GLU but contains A LOT of extra functions.
I'm planning on having some things that D3DX has so it helps with GL coding. For example, quaternions were added recently. Matrix functions.
It is under LGPL license. For Win32. If you can modify to support other platforms, let me know.
PS: I'm updating it once in a while (Every few months).

[NEW : version 1.58]

glh library

This is another one of my pages. If you need GLU 1.3

GLU 1.3

[Edited by - V-man on May 7, 2008 9:03:03 AM]
Sig: http://glhlib.sourceforge.net
an open source GLU replacement library. Much more modern than GLU.
float matrix[16], inverse_matrix[16];
glhLoadIdentityf2(matrix);
glhTranslatef2(matrix, 0.0, 0.0, 5.0);
glhRotateAboutXf2(matrix, angleInRadians);
glhScalef2(matrix, 1.0, 1.0, -1.0);
glhQuickInvertMatrixf2(matrix, inverse_matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation1, 1, FALSE, matrix);
glUniformMatrix4fv(uniformLocation2, 1, FALSE, inverse_matrix);
Advertisement
I'm not sure if this one is listed, but here it is:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/realmforge
/\ LINK /RealmForge GDK: In my opinion, the BEST free all-in-one engine out there. Check it out at Devmaster.net, If you compare its features with some of those $1,000 engines, you will be amazed at how much it simply OWNS them. AI support, Networking, Built in editor, and most of all OPEN SOURCE. I reccomend it to all who are just beggining. It also has support for lots of languages (Lua, Python, Assembly[don't ask], and BASIC). Plus, it's still in the beta stage so we can expect LOTS of more features.

NOTE: Seriously, compare it with some of those high costing ones, you'll see what I'm talking about...
Thanks all, some more amendments/additions made.
Tao Framework - .Net libraries for Cg, DevIL, FreeGLUT, ODE, OpenAL, OpenGL, and SDL.

Axiom - A .Net port of the OGRE graphics engine.

Chris 'coldacid' Charabaruk – Programmer, game designer, writer | twitter

Hi all, seems there is bad link, where is the Newton Dynamic, I cannot access the site thru the link.
It works fine for me.
Well, I don't have a lot of time to do improvments on it, or realy do much with it. But enough people are using it that I feel it deserves a spot up here.

hxRender

API Refrence

Last time I checked, it was still version 0.7b.
HxRender | Cornerstone SDL TutorialsCurrently picking on: Hedos, Programmer One
how about ezXML? (also MIT license)
for Collision routines (particularly with SDL), check out SDL_Collide!
How about LZMA? It is the compression algorithm used by 7-zip, better than zip, and often better than bzip2. As to the license, I'll just copy and paste from the website:

Quote:
LZMA SDK is available under two licenses:

1. GNU Lesser General Public License (GNU LGPL)
2. Common Public License (CPL)

It means that you can select one of these two licenses and follow rules of that license.

SPECIAL EXCEPTION: Igor Pavlov, as the author of this code, expressly permits you to statically or dynamically link your code (or bind by name) to the files from LZMA SDK without subjecting your linked code to the terms of the CPL or GNU LGPL. Any modifications or additions to files from LZMA SDK, however, are subject to the GNU LGPL or CPL terms.

GNU LGPL and CPL are pretty similar and both these licenses are classified as free software licenses at http://www.gnu.org/ and OSI-approved at http://www.opensource.org/.

LZMA SDK also can be available under a proprietary license for those who cannot use the GNU LGPL or CPL in their code. To request such proprietary license or any additional consultations, send email message from page for support: Send message to LZMA developer

Source code of 7-Zip is released under the terms of the GNU LGPL. You can download source code of 7-Zip at 7-Zip's Source Forge Page

By the way, it also incorporates AES-256 encryption, so you have very good compression and very good encryption in one go.

This topic is closed to new replies.

Advertisement